tisdag 25 januari 2011

Day 1

Here we go, after 23 days of inactivity, pain, plenty of doctors, physio therapists, crutches, bandages, a destroyed vacation and frustration, I finally exercised. What a relief, even though the actual training wasn't more than a couple of knee-bends and stretching. Don't ask why I haven't done the physio therapy earlier, the answer is as simple as knowing that teenagers are lazy and rehabilitation is as fun as black and white tv without sound (except that now, you have to move you body which isn't required if you watch tv). So, how did the training go? Very good I must confess. So good, I get a bit mad at myself for not doing it earlier. My friend, who currently is recovering after a knee surgery, came to assist me and it all ended up with her screaming at me that I HAVE TO stretch the knee, otherwise I might end up unable to put my shoes on in ten years and even worse, not being able to play floorball ever again, which would be like the worst thing that could happen. However, I'm glad that she yelled at me with her most threatening voice- now I can actually sit in my bed with the leg completely stretched out and without support from a gigant pillow, something I haven't done since January 1st. What we have learnt today:

  • Physio therapy isn't bullshit.

Cape Verde, January 2011. A couple of days after the injury incident. Hilarious vacation.

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

otroligt intressant blogg må jag säga! Väldigt bra skrivet Fanny, du är så duktig!

Phanny sa...

Hahahahahahaha!