onsdag 23 februari 2011

Day 27-30

Sunday: Rest-day that day, the ache in the abdominal muscles after the core-session the previous day wasn't something you wanted to play around with. Also my thighs felt a bit pumped out of energy after the spinning-session.
Monday: Went to the gym again and worked out with the ususal machines. Started off by spinning-interwalls for 15 minutes with the levels 14 respectively 10 but had to decrease both two levels after five minutes. Never overestimate your own ability just because your friend has thighs like Ben Johnson and a determination as great as a robot's. Added one round of repetitions on almost everything and also started to do back liftings- 10x4- to prevent future injuries (some clever guy told me that a strong back might be good for you but I don't know, maybe he lied).
Tuesday: Went to see our normal floorball practice and was just about to start the physio therapy when I was interrupted by a man from the national radio station's sport section. Honestly, I knew this a week in advance so I'm sorry if I sounded completely surprised. He asked me (as the team captain and because our coach thinks that I'm the one who can talk to grown ups without feeling uncomfortable) about the current measures our club is taking to enhance the chances for the a-teams to climb in the charts and also a bit about my injury and upcoming surgery. Have I mentioned that I'm getting an arthroscopy on Tuesday? No, don't think so but that's the case. Thus, if you understand Swedish you can listen to Radiosporten on P4 sometime next week and you'll hear a spluttering giant baby in falsetto, that's supposed to be me.
Wednesday: Went to my physio therapist this morning and for once, I actually got to exercise. Primarily my thighs and afterwards I could barely walk downwards in stairs normally. She said that we were not going to make anything harder before the surgery and that I just have to keep on going with the training programme I have. Booked in a new meeting with her next Friday, three days after the surgery when the knee hopefully has started to loosen up and gotten rid of the stiffness. Came home from a one-hour spinning session a couple of hours ago and God it felt good to sweat like that! Maybe spinning isn't the best you could do to improve your gone stamina, but the thighs are now drop dead. Note to self- never train the heck out of your thighs and then expect a spinning session to be as a sunny summer's day by the ocean.

Ledsen Anders om jag överdrev lite inom den där parentesen om radiointervjun men jag tar mig den friheten eftersom du tvingade mig att göra bort mig. Hoppas du har det bra i Spanien, ta med lite värme hem.

Inga kommentarer: