torsdag 3 februari 2011

Day 10

HARDCORE session a couple of hours ago! I increased the number of repetitions of all of my exercises, increased the time I did some of them, invented som new ones (e.g. juggle with three balls when doing one-leg squattings on the inflated pillow to make the brain focus on something else and thereby exacerbate the balance) and kicked my team mate's asses when challenging them with what I was doing. Do you know what the best thing is? That I notice the difference of my thigh strength and it really feels amazing. After only one week of hard training, I physically feel that I have activated more muscle fibres and that especially my hamstrings have been strengthened incredibly. I feel that I have much more control of my legs and knees now than ever before and that is truly satisfying, to see that if you do a thing regularly and consistently it does improve. That, dear readers, I will definitely carry with me when I get back to floorball again. If I want to improve my shooting, all I have to do is to be serious when I do those exercises. If I want to do that extra run during a game which might be the difference between a victory and a loss, all I have to do is to push myself mentally during the practices over and over again because sooner or later- I will naturally do it as if it was the only thing I have ever done.

As simple as that. Brains are easy to fool once you get the drift.

Inga kommentarer: