fredag 25 mars 2011

March 23rd - March 30th

Wednesday: Went to the physio therapist in the morning and got some new things to do. Did a couple of exercises that had a higher level of weighting on my knee and thigh such as walking up and down a step (appr. 50 cm high) having the pressure on the right leg. I also got to do the funniest thing so far- dodges (jumping from side to side like an ice-skater). The knee felt really stable which was a relief. If the knee is unstable, I'll most likely have to do a new surgery but as it felt as good as it did, I have the best of gut feelings. In the evening I went to the gym and had the best work out so far. Increased all the weights in the machines (and accidently had 40 kg in the leg push for the injured leg instead of 10, maybe not too clever) and increased some repetitions. However the ones I decreased were in the machines in which I increased the weights the most. My coach told me that what the purpose of my training should be, is to activate the muscles and especially improve their reaction, rather than just building even more muscle-mass. When I get back to floorball the most important thing is that the muscles react as soon as my knee is suddenly rotated and therefore I'll from now on work on my explosiveness, hence the decreased repetitions. Spinning for warm up and and...warm down (the opposite, to get the waste products in the thigh in motion). After that hour I wasn't able to lift my shin bone from the ground, my hamstring sure didn't love me.
On the Thursday I...wait for it...brought my stick and played some floorball! For the first time in almost three months. Fantastically and amazingly wonderful. Even though I didn't do more than some shooting and a few rushes with stick and ball it was just the receipt I needed for my motivation to keep alive. Things are going forward, just like I want it. The knee felt normal when I did the tempo-changes and ran in curves which I think is the situations when the knee is under the most pressure.
No training until Sunday when my first Body Pump-session was on the schedule. Really good work out I must say but I've noticed from the ache that I've had since then that I put way more pressure on my left leg than on my right. Probably unconsciously.
Tuesday yesterday and played some more floorball. Shooting and some careful running with stick and ball.
Wednesday today and a new Body Pump-session in the evening, think I'm going to do some spinning as warm up just before and perhaps stay for a while afterwards and work my back.

Inga kommentarer: