tisdag 22 mars 2011

March 10th-March 22nd

So, what have I been doing the last couple of weeks? No idea, that's why I'm going to grab my calendar and take a sneak peak.
As I mentioned in the last post, I went to the physio therapist on the 11th and got a new training programme. Lighter weights and fewer repetitions to start off with the week after but screw that, I went to the gym the morning after and began with the exercising a couple of days earlier than what the doctor had told me to. I'm not going to make a comeback if I don't train, right? Anyway, it felt a bit irritating to decrease for instance the weights in the "thigh-push"-machine from 70 kg to 40 with both legs and from 40 to 10 with the injured one. Did some spinning for half an hour and normal physio therapy as well and when the knee is warm I can actually bend it almost the whole way in.
Continued the gym settlement on Monday the 14th and did basically the same as on the Saturday. Jumped of happiness when I without problem could increase the hip abduction from 63 to 72 kg and the adduction from 36 to 45 kg. Also increased the repetitions from 12x3 to 15x3. Was still careful with the knee and kept the weights I'd been adviced to use by the physio therapist.
Didn't go to the gym until Saturday last weekend (the 19th) as the teachers thought that their subjects were more important than my knee. Meanwhile my friend shook her booty in a zumba session (which I will participate in when world peace has come and Gaddafi has turned into a nice person) I went spinning for half an hour and then joined her in the core session. Both my physio therapist and coach (Mr. Chiropractor) have said that a strong core is important if I plan to stay free from future knee injuries as all stability comes from that part.
No training since then but tomorrow morning it's time for physio therapy-meeting again.
In addition, I can announce that my team has advanced to division three, being undefeated the whole season and is the team that has let in the least goals in the whole Stockholm-district, both junior, senior, men and ladies divisions considered. 104 scored and 24 let in in 16 games which gives 6.5 goals done/game and 1.5 goals let in/game. Now that's really good.

Inga kommentarer: